Sunday, September 23, 2007

Decent but not on the pixar scale... - Cars Reviews

Pixar has or should I say had a great track record, every single film was great... until now. I am not saying that Cars is a horrible movie or a bad one for that matter but it just doesn't measure up to the other Pixar films. First off the story is a lame version of the movie "Doc Hollywood", and it is hard to relate to the characters seeing as they are machines and are technically unfeeling. The acting is well voiced so I don't really know how you can rate it. The direction was pretty good, it didn't lag during any parts of the film, although the best part is during the credits, STAY FOR THE CREDITS. The visuals were excellent but I mean come on this is pixar we are taking about. Overall it wasn't a bad film just a little bit of a let down, disney's latest films have been rather unimpressive ie Chicken Little and The Wild. The kids are sure to enjoy it but I think boys rather than girls will want repeat viewing. Also the jokes are a little dated and the lame "Jay Limo" thing made me feel as if I was watching Shark Tale. If I were you I would go see Over the Hedge now that was a flick not to miss.

No comments: