Saturday, September 22, 2007

Families start your engines - Cars Reviews

This movie has become one of my favorite movies this year, trust me I've actually seen it. The story is a tad bit cliched in the fact that it is the same ol' formula that transformed a cocky guy/car finds himself in Radiator Springs and then becomes less cocky because he has found something he hasn't had. Surprisingly enough that is the only problem I had with the film. Story: I'm too lazy to really go over the story so I will give a brief overview. Rookie sensation Lightning McQueen is one of three top race cars in the Piston Cup. Soon after a race, he's trying to get to California and is caught speeding and mutilating a road into Radiator Springs. So now Lightning is forced to repair the road as punishment. Over that 5 days begins the part that I was griping about earlier. And that is the story as a whole without giving away any spoilers. Acting: Owen Wilson, Larry the Cable Guy, Paul Newman, and Bonnie Hunt all did magnificant jobs. Obviously since I'm half redneck I believe that Larry did great as Mater. Lightning was a great character to portrait by Owen Wilson. Paul Newman as Doc Hudson is the Papa Bear of Radiator Springs. And Bonnie Hunt is Sally the love interest of Lightning. All of them did a great job. Direction: I don't know who directed this but it won't matter. This looked good, felt good, and overall made me feel good. This movie looked great, you got to see detailed environments car related humor. People will have fun spotting those out. Visuals: This film was by far the best looking Pixar film to date. And I suppose that is expected. The cars were incredibly details, the environment were too. Not much else to say, it just looked really good. Kudos to Pixar for the newest movie. Overall: This movie deserves two thumbs way up. Families are going to have fun with this. If you are a Larry the Cable Guy fan you will notice certain jokes that are hs own. My own little suggestion when there is just sky or background shots there is almost always a car related thing in the background.

No comments: