Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Cars - Cars Reviews

All I can say is leave it to Disney to ruin Pixar. I'm not saying "Cars" was bad. Oh no, not at all. It was clever, and as always the visuals were really fantastic. It's a nice change from all the animated nonsense that's been coming out this year, with the exceptions of Hoodwinked, Over The Hedge, and Ice Age 2. But it's not as great as other Pixar films. Seriously, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Monsters Inc, Toy Story, A Bug's Life, all better than this movie. I think most Pixar fans will enjoy it, but not neraly as much as the other movies. It's good, but will probably not blow you away, as Finding Nemo did. "Cars" will probably win an award, but considering the other animated movies this year, Hoodwinked might win. So, in case I was sending mixed feelings about this movie, I will sum up my review. It was entertaining and I liked it a lot, the visuals were simply amazing. All of the characters are charmingly animated and easy to warm up to and relate to. But all of Pixar's other movies, in my opinion, were better. The storyline was a bit thin. I enjoyed it, most people probably will, but it's not as fun and amazing as, say Finding Nemo or Monsters Inc. In all of Pixar's other movies, there were humans, but not in "Cars". Even the flies that can be seen are small cars with wings. If you do go to see it, stay after the credits to see something you might find entertaining. Also, watch for the birds from "For The Birds" a Pixar short film, released with Monsters Inc. Another highlight is the short film in the beginning. Watch for a trailer of Pixar's next movie, Ratatouille.

No comments: