Thursday, October 4, 2007

Cars, "kicks on 66" - Cars Reviews

My wife and I saw the movie last night at 9:30 pm. There were several young children 12 years or younger that were in the audience past their bedtime. My wife and I enjoyed the movie. We plan to take our 8 year old grandaughter to see it in a few weeks , when she comes to visit. I would like to preface this review with the following information: My wife and I are 1950's classic car owners and Route 66 fans and belong to several Route 66 organizations. We have even adopted a 100 mile stretch of the old road in California to watch over. We attend various yearly Route 66 functions. Our opinions are somewhat biased. We are happy to see anything on the screen that features the old "Mother Road" Enough of that said. we thought the story was average, the animation, sound etc, was excellent, which was up to Pixar's usual and expected standards. My wife and I feel that the movie started off a little slow, with the racing scenes at the beginning lasting a little too long. The characters/cast members were very entertaining. Paul Newman, Cheech Marin, and especially Michael Wallis as the Sheriff were very strong characters, but if Larry the Cable Guy as Mater, wasn't in this flick, we would all go to sleep regardless of what time of day this movie was shown. The closing clips were very entertaining,and if more of the same were in the context of the movie, we would have enjoyed it, even more. We will see it again with the grandaughter, but it will be much earlier in the day. When the movie was over at 11pm plus last night, there were lots of kids being carried out well into their sleep,and many seem to have been in that condition for a few hours

No comments: